So you obtained a judgment – default, summary, or otherwise – now what?
For someone who is aggrieved, getting a judgment in court is only half the process towards being made whole. Sometimes the more challenging part is collecting on your judgment. Unfortunately, the courts and law enforcement do not automatically do this for parties to a lawsuit. If you have a judgment and are wondering how to collect on it, you owe it to yourself to receive professional legal counsel on judgment enforcement from a lawyer.
Thompson Law Office assists individuals and businesses in enforcing judgments obtained in small claims court, county court, or district court. We serve communities throughout Nebraska. If you have questions about how to collect money from someone who owes you money under a default judgment or other judgment, contact an attorney at Thompson Law Office in west Omaha, Nebraska.
Thompson Law Office provides practical advice and passionate advocacy to clients trying to enforce a court order or judgment against another party, including:
- registering county court judgments with district courts
- use of judgment liens on real property
- use of judgment liens on personal property (“Praecipe for Execution,” “Writ of Execution,” seizure and sale by sheriff)
- wage garnishment (“Affidavit and Praecipe for Summons in Garnishment,” “Answers to Garnishment Interrogatories,” “Application and Order of Continuing Lien,” “Application and Order for Delivery,” “Application to Determine Garnishee Liability”)
- attachments (“Order of Attachment”)
- responding to exemptions by debtor (challenges to executions and garnishments)
- self-help repossession of collateral (after “Right to Cure” and default)
- handling fraudulent conveyances (Uniform Fraudulent Transfers Act)
- registering, enforcing and collecting on foreign judgments
Looking for Judgment Collection Legal Assistance?
For more information or to schedule a consultation with a Nebraska collection law attorney, contact Thompson Law Office. You may initiate a phone call with Thompson Law Office immediately by using the “click-to-call” button to the top of this screen or chat live with a representative.
How may we assist you?
Warning: Electronic messages are not necessarily confidential. Please do not send any message you consider to be confidential or sensitive in nature until you receive information from us on how to encrypt your message. Please be aware that the act of sending electronic mail or messages to Thompson Law Office will not of itself create an attorney-client relationship. Unless you are already a client of our law firm, any electronic communication will not be privileged, and may be disclosed to other persons. The contents of this website are intended for general information and educational purposes and should not be construed as legal advice.