Law Practice Areas | Family Law
Practical advice. Family law broadly includes all domestic relations cases involving marriage and divorce, property division, alimony and spousal support, child custody and visitation, child support, paternity, and adoption. The issues involved in family law matters are often the most important issues you will face in your life. Trying to make the right decisions in these emotionally-charged situations is never easy. If you find yourself having to make these difficult decisions, you owe it to yourself to have the guidance and legal advice of a family law attorney.
Passionate advocacy. Although some parties are able to amicably negotiate and make the tough decisions required in a divorce or custody case, many parties find communication challenging in an adversarial relationship. When the issues in a domestic relations case are contested or disputed, you need an informed and passionate advocate to enforce your rights throughout the divorce process. Obtaining legal representation in divorce and custody cases is a solid investment in your future.
Family Law Practice Areas:
- Divorce (also referred to as “dissolution of marriage”)
- Legal separation
- Alimony and spousal support
- Child custody
- Child support orders and enforcement
- Division of property / property settlement agreements
- Modifications of divorce decrees and custody orders
- Pre-marital or prenuptial agreements
- Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA) proceedings
For more information or to schedule a consultation with a Nebraska or Iowa divorce attorney or custody lawyer, contact Thompson Law Office. You may initiate a phone call with Thompson Law Office immediately by using the “push-to-talk” button to the left of this screen.
Free legal information about divorce, child custody, child visitation, and child support in Nebraska
You may also find the following free legal resources useful as you decide which lawyer to consult about your family law matter. These brochures were prepared by the Nebraska State Bar Association:
- No Fault Divorce (pdf)
- Custody & Visitation (pdf
- Child Support (pdf)
- New Parenting Act (effective 1/1/08) (pdf)
Ready to consult with a family law attorney?
Before we schedule your consultation, we need to learn more about you so we may eliminate any conflicts of interest and prepare the attorney. Prospective clients will be required to submit a short intake form.
For fastest service, please complete the form below and press the submit button. A representative from Thompson Law Office will promptly follow up with you to discuss your inquiry in more detail.
Warning: Electronic messages are not necessarily confidential. Please do not send any message you consider to be confidential or sensitive in nature until you receive information from us on how to encrypt your message. Please be aware that the act of sending electronic mail or messages to Thompson Law Office will not of itself create an attorney-client relationship. Unless you are already a client of our law firm, any electronic communication will not be privileged, and may be disclosed to other persons. The contents of this website are intended for general information and educational purposes and should not be construed as legal advice.
General Practice including but not limited to:
- Blair Nebraska divorce law and child custody attorney / lawyer / law firm in representing individuals in Washington County (NE), Herman, Kennard, Arlington, Ft. Calhoun
- Tekamah Nebraska divorce law and child custody attorney / lawyer / law firm representing individuals in Burt County (NE), Decatur, Lyons, Craig, Oakland
- Fremont Nebraska divorce law and child custody attorney / lawyer / law firm representing individuals in Dodge County (NE), Nickerson, Winslow, Hooper, Scribner, Snyder, Dodge, Webster, North Bend, Ames, Webster, Clyde, Uehling
- Wahoo Nebraska divorce law and child custody attorney / lawyer / law firm representing individuals in Saunders County (NE), Yutan, Mead, Leshara, Cedar Bluffs, Colon, Prague, Malmo, Weston, Morse Bluff, Ithaca, Ashland, Yutan
- Papillion Nebraska divorce law and child custody attorney / lawyer / law firm representing individuals in Sarpy County (NE), Bellevue, Gretna, La Vista, Springfield, Richfield, LaPlatte