Are you looking for family law lawyers in Omaha, Nebraska or Chadron, NE? The divorce attorneys at Thompson Law Office provide divorce, child custody, child support, paternity and adoption services in Nebraska and Iowa.
Family Law Lawyers Omaha, NE
Practical advice. Family law broadly includes all domestic relations cases involving marriage and divorce, property division, alimony and spousal support, child custody and visitation, child support, paternity, and adoption. The issues involved in family law matters are often the most important issues you will face in your life. Trying to make the right decisions in these emotionally-charged situations is never easy. If you find yourself having to make these difficult decisions, you owe it to yourself to have the guidance and legal advice of an Omaha family law attorney.
Passionate advocacy. Although some parties are able to amicably negotiate and make the tough decisions required in a divorce or custody case, many parties find communication challenging in an adversarial relationship. When the issues in a domestic relations case are contested or disputed, you need an informed and passionate advocate to enforce your rights throughout the divorce process. Obtaining legal representation in Nebraska divorce and custody cases is a solid investment in your future.
- Divorce (also referred to as “dissolution of marriage”) – our Omaha divorce attorneys can assist with Nebraska and Iowa divorce cases
- Legal separation - our Omaha divorce attorneys can assist with Nebraska and Iowa legal separation cases
- Alimony and spousal support - our Omaha divorce attorneys can assist with Nebraska and Iowa alimony and spousal support cases
- Child custody - our Omaha custody lawyers can assist with Nebraska and Iowa child custody disputes
- Child support orders and enforcement (including contempt actions, wage garnishment, etc.) - our Omaha child support lawyers can assist with obtaining, enforcing and modifying child support orders in Nebraska and Iowa
- Visitation - our Omaha child support attorneys can assist with obtaining, enforcing and modifying child visitation orders in Nebraska and Iowa
- Division of property / property settlement agreements (equitable distribution) - our Omaha divorce lawyers can assist with divorce property settlements in Nebraska and Iowa
- Modifications of divorce decrees and custody orders - our Omaha divorce lawyers can assist with modifying divorce decrees and child custody orders in Nebraska and Iowa
- Grandparent visitation
- Adoptions - our Omaha adoption lawyers can assist with agency and private placement adoptions in Nebraska and Iowa
- Paternity actions (for unwed parents) - our Omaha paternity lawyers can assist with filing or defending paternity lawsuits in Nebraska and Iowa
- Pre-marital or prenuptial agreements - our Omaha divorce attorneys can assist with preparing prenups for marrying couples in Nebraska and Iowa
- Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA) proceedings
Are you looking for an experienced Omaha divorce attorney? Does your Nebraska divorce involve children? Thompson Law Office represents both mothers and fathers and seeks to enforce our client’s rights to custody or visitation, whether they involve mom’s rights or dad’s rights.
For more information or to schedule a consultation with a west Omaha, NE divorce attorney or Omaha custody lawyer, contact Thompson Law Office. You may initiate a phone call with Thompson Law Office immediately by using the button at the bottom of this page. You may also schedule a free meet and greet or consultation online now and a firm representative will follow up with you during business hours.
You may also find the following free legal resources useful as you decide which lawyer to consult about your family law matter. These brochures were prepared by the Nebraska State Bar Association:
Ready to consult with a west Omaha family law attorney?
Our Omaha lawyers are available to assist with family law matters in Omaha, Elkhorn, Bennington, Gretna, La Vista, Papillion, Ralston, Bellevue, Fremont, Blair and surrounding communities in Douglas County, Sarpy County, Dodge County, and Washington County. Our Chadron office serves Dawes County, Sheridan County, Box Butte County, and elsewhere in the Nebraska panhandle, including Alliance, Crawford, Gordon and Rushville. Call to see if we are available in your community.
- 5 ways to divorce-proof your bedroom – LivewellNebraska.com
- Maintaining privacy during public divorce cases can be challenging
- Increasing divorce rate for baby boomers raises the stakes
- New home equity changes the conversation for divorcing couples
- Divorce, the first step: What’s the best way to tell your spouse?
- Finalizing Nebraska Divorces without Appearing in Court
- The Financial Impact of Divorce
- Barriers Exist for Same-sex Couples Seeking Divorce
- Responding to a Lawsuit
- Major Changes Proposed to Nebraska Child Custody Law
Schedule a free meet and greet or family law consultation online now
The contents of this website are intended for general information and educational purposes and should not be construed as legal advice.
- Douglas County (NE), Omaha, Millard, Ralston, Bennington, Valley, Waterloo, Benson, Florence
- Washington County (NE), Blair, Herman, Kennard, Arlington, Ft. Calhoun
- Burt County (NE), Tekamah, Decatur, Lyons, Craig, Oakland
- Dodge County (NE), Fremont, Nickerson, Winslow, Hooper, Scribner, Snyder, Dodge, Webster, North Bend, Ames, Webster, Clyde, Uehling
- Saunders County (NE), Wahoo, Yutan, Mead, Leshara, Cedar Bluffs, Colon, Prague, Malmo, Weston, Morse Bluff, Ithaca, Ashland
- Sarpy County (NE), Papillion, Bellevue, Gretna, La Vista, Springfield, Richfield, LaPlatte
Contact a Nebraska family law attorney
Our Omaha divorce lawyers are available to assist with family law matters in Omaha, Elkhorn, Bennington, Gretna, La Vista, Papillion, Ralston, Bellevue, Fremont, Blair and surrounding communities in Douglas County, Sarpy County, Dodge County, and Washington County. Our Chadron office serves Dawes County, Sheridan County, Box Butte County, and elsewhere in the Nebraska panhandle, including Alliance, Crawford, Gordon and Rushville. Call to see if we have a family law lawyer available to assist in your community.