OMAHA FAMILY LAW ATTORNEYS PROVIDING DIVORCE, CHILD CUSTODY, SUPPORT, PATERNITY AND ADOPTION SERVICE IN NEBRASKA AND IOWA
Practical advice. Family law broadly includes all domestic relations cases involving marriage and divorce, property division, alimony and spousal support, child custody and visitation, child support, paternity, and adoption. The issues involved in family law matters are often the most important issues you will face in your life. Trying to make the right decisions in these emotionally-charged situations is never easy. If you find yourself having to make these difficult decisions, you owe it to yourself to have the guidance and legal advice of an Omaha family law attorney.
Passionate advocacy. Although some parties are able to amicably negotiate and make the tough decisions required in a divorce or custody case, many parties find communication challenging in an adversarial relationship. When the issues in a domestic relations case are contested or disputed, you need an informed and passionate advocate to enforce your rights throughout the divorce process. Obtaining legal representation in Nebraska divorce and custody cases is a solid investment in your future.
- Divorce (also referred to as “dissolution of marriage”)
- Legal separation
- Alimony and spousal support
- Child custody
- Child support orders and enforcement (including contempt actions, wage garnishment, etc.)
- Division of property / property settlement agreements (equitable distribution)
- Modifications of divorce decrees and custody orders
- Grandparent visitation
- Paternity actions (for unwed parents)
- Pre-marital or prenuptial agreements
- Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA) proceedings
Are you looking for an experienced Omaha divorce attorney? Does your Nebraska divorce involve children? Thompson Law Office represents both mothers and fathers and seeks to enforce our client’s rights to custody or visitation, whether they involve mom’s rights or dad’s rights. For more information or to schedule a consultation with a west Omaha, NE divorce attorney or Omaha custody lawyer, contact Thompson Law Office. You may initiate a phone call with Thompson Law Office immediately by using the button at the bottom of this page.
Our Omaha lawyers are available to assist with matters in Omaha, Elkhorn, Bennington, Gretna, La Vista, Papillion, Ralston, Bellevue, Fremont, Blair and surrounding communities in Douglas County, Sarpy County, Dodge County, and Washington County. Our Chadron office serves Dawes County, Sheridan County, Box Butte County, and elsewhere in the Nebraska panhandle, including Alliance and Rushville.
Ready to consult with a west Omaha family law attorney?
For fastest service, please complete the form below and press the submit button. A representative from Thompson Law Office will promptly follow up with you to discuss your inquiry in more detail.
How may we assist you?
Warning: Electronic messages are not necessarily confidential. Please do not send any message you consider to be confidential or sensitive in nature until you receive information from us on how to encrypt your message. Please be aware that the act of sending electronic mail or messages to Thompson Law Office will not of itself create an attorney-client relationship. Unless you are already a client of our law firm, any electronic communication will not be privileged, and may be disclosed to other persons. The contents of this website are intended for general information and educational purposes and should not be construed as legal advice.
- Douglas County (NE), Omaha, Millard, Ralston, Bennington, Valley, Waterloo, Benson, Florence
- Washington County (NE), Blair, Herman, Kennard, Arlington, Ft. Calhoun
- Burt County (NE), Tekamah, Decatur, Lyons, Craig, Oakland
- Dodge County (NE), Fremont, Nickerson, Winslow, Hooper, Scribner, Snyder, Dodge, Webster, North Bend, Ames, Webster, Clyde, Uehling
- Saunders County (NE), Wahoo, Yutan, Mead, Leshara, Cedar Bluffs, Colon, Prague, Malmo, Weston, Morse Bluff, Ithaca, Ashland
- Sarpy County (NE), Papillion, Bellevue, Gretna, La Vista, Springfield, Richfield, LaPlatte