Law Practice Areas | Estate Planning and Elder Law
Estate planning tools exist to address a number of real family problems that arise throughout a lifetime. You may have just started a new family with young children. You may have aging parents. You may want to save taxes. You may be planning for retirement. You may have just lost a spouse. You may be planning for possible disability. An Omaha estate planning lawyer can provide you with a number of ideas to address these real family challenges and craft an estate plan to assist you with asset protection and help ensure your assets are distributed properly.
Practical advice. Thompson Law Office is a law firm that provides practical advice and legal guidance to individuals, couples, families and business owners in many estate planning matters in Omaha and surrounding areas. We provide personalized legal services for clients seeking advice on existing estate planning documents and clients needing newly drafted estate plans. We seek to assist you with making the right decisions by explaining the purposes and benefits of the various estate planning tools.
Estate Planning and Elder Law Practice Areas:
Some of the estate planning legal services provided by Thompson Law Office include:
- Last will and testament
- Codicil or amendment to will
- Testamentary trust
- Living trust
- Advanced healthcare directive
- Living will (declaration)
- Do-not-resuscitate order
- Durable power of attorney for financial affairs
- Durable power of attorney for health care or medical affairs
- Pre-marital or prenuptial agreement
- Business succession planning
Looking for Estate Planning Legal Assistance?
For more information or to schedule a consultation with a Nebraska or Iowa estate planning attorney, contact Thompson Law Office. You may initiate a phone call with Thompson Law Office immediately by using the “push-to-talk” button to the left of this screen.
Free legal information about estate planning, wills, living wills, and durable powers of attorney for health care in Nebraska
You may also find the following free legal resources useful as you decide which lawyer to consult about your estate planning law matter. These brochures were prepared by the Nebraska State Bar Association:
Ready to start the estate planning process?
Before we schedule your consultation, we need to learn more about you so we may eliminate any conflicts of interest and prepare the attorney. Prospective clients will be required to submit a short intake form.
For fastest service, please complete the form below and press the submit button. A representative from Thompson Law Office will promptly follow up with you to discuss your inquiry in more detail.
Warning: Electronic messages are not necessarily confidential. Please do not send any message you consider to be confidential or sensitive in nature until you receive information from us on how to encrypt your message. Please be aware that the act of sending electronic mail or messages to Thompson Law Office will not of itself create an attorney-client relationship. Unless you are already a client of our law firm, any electronic communication will not be privileged, and may be disclosed to other persons. The contents of this website are intended for general information and educational purposes and should not be construed as legal advice.
General Practice including but not limited to:
- Omaha estate planning law attorney / lawyer serving clients in eastern Nebraska (NE)
- Omaha wills & trusts law attorney / lawyer serving clients in Douglas County and eastern Nebraska (NE)
- Blair Nebraska wills & trusts law attorney / lawyer / law firm serving clients in Washington County (NE), Herman, Kennard, Arlington, Ft. Calhoun
- Tekamah Nebraska wills & trusts law attorney / lawyer / law firm serving clients in Burt County (NE), Decatur, Lyons, Craig, Oakland
- Wahoo Nebraska wills & trusts law attorney / lawyer / law firm serving clients in Saunders County (NE), Yutan, Mead, Leshara, Cedar Bluffs, Colon, Prague, Malmo, Weston, Morse Bluff, Ithaca, Ashland, Yutan
- Papillion Nebraska wills & trusts law attorney / lawyer / law firm serving clients in Sarpy County (NE), Bellevue, Gretna, La Vista, Springfield, Richfield, LaPlatte