IN THE NEWS: Thompson Law Office reaches $100,000 settlement for client in employment discrimination case. Read about it in the Omaha World-Herald.
Thompson Law Office advises workers and business management in a wide variety of employment law matters. We counsel workers and business management regarding wage payment and collection issues. We assist employees and business owners with the negotiation and interpretation of employment contracts and employment agreements. If you are seeking legal advice regarding employment law matters in Nebraska or Iowa, contact an attorney at Thompson Law Office in Omaha and Chadron, Nebraska.
Thompson Law Office represents employers and employees in administrative and judicial cases involving wage payment and collection, discrimination, harassment, hostile work environments, wrongful termination, FMLA, and whistleblower protection. We will represent workers and business management in administrative proceedings before local human rights commissions, Nebraska Equal Opportunity Commission (NEOC), Iowa Civil Rights Commission (ICRC), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), or Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA). When employment disputes are not resolved in the administrative proceeding, Thompson Law Office will represent employers and employees in Nebraska and Iowa state court, federal court, mediation and arbitration proceedings.
- Workers’ compensation claims
- Wage payment and collection
- Employment discrimination
- Age discrimination (ADEA)
- Disability discrimination ( ADA)
- Race discrimination
- Sex discrimination
- Pregnancy discrimination
- Religious discrimination
- National origin discrimination
- Other Title VII discrimination matters
- Sexual harassment
- Hostile work environment
- Wrongful termination
- Whistleblower protections
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Employment handbooks
- Employment policies
- Employment contracts
- Employment agreements
Looking for Employment Law Legal Assistance?
For more information or to schedule a consultation with a Nebraska or Iowa employment law attorney, contact Thompson Law Office. You may initiate a phone call with Thompson Law Office immediately by using the “Click to Call” button to the bottom of this page.
Our Omaha lawyers are available to assist with matters in Omaha, Elkhorn, Bennington, Gretna, La Vista, Papillion, Ralston, Bellevue, Fremont, Blair and surrounding communities in Douglas County, Sarpy County, Dodge County, and Washington County. Our Chadron office serves Dawes County, Sheridan County, Box Butte County, and elsewhere in the Nebraska panhandle, including Alliance, Crawford, Gordon and Rushville.
- Fillibuster in Unicameral Kills Bill to Outlaw Gay Bias
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Discrimination Bill Up for Consideration by Unicameral
- Avoiding discriminatory questions by small businesses in job interviews
- How Important is That Confidentiality Clause in a Settlement Agreement?
- EEOC Challenges Terms of Employer’s Release in Proposed Severance Agreement
- Firing older workers makes cents, hiring older workers makes sense
- RELEASE: Good Old Boys Atmosphere Continues at Northrop Grumman’s AFWA Workplace at Offutt Air Force Base.
- US Supreme Court clarifies definition of supervisor for purposes of employment discrimination claims
- US Supreme Court increases burden of proof for Title VII retaliation claims
- ADA and sex discrimination case settled
Request a consultation online right now that fits your schedule