Benjamin W. Thompson
Managing Attorney at Thompson Law Office, PC, LLO
13906 Gold Circle, Suite 201
Omaha, NE 68144
Phone/Fax: 402-330-3060, ext. 111
Summary of Experience:
Attorney Ben Thompson is the Managing Attorney, President and CEO of Thompson Law Office, PC, LLO. Previously, Mr. Thompson was a founding and managing partner with Johnson Thompson LLP in Omaha, Nebraska, and an associate with Monteau & Peebles LLP. Prior to private practice, Mr. Thompson served as a judicial clerk to a justice with the Nebraska Supreme Court.
Mr. Thompson provides a perspective uniquely informed by his experience clerking for judges at both the trial and appellate levels. This experience, bolstered by his tenure as Senior Articles Editor for the Iowa Law Review, allowed Mr. Thompson to further refine his analytical research and writing skills. Mr. Thompson is as comfortable in the courtroom as he is in the boardroom.
Mr. Thompson has participated in the mediation, arbitration and litigation of various matters, including commercial transactions. He has assisted in the negotiation of intergovernmental cooperative agreements and the resolution of various disputes. Mr. Thompson has represented government and business entities as general counsel.
In 2004, Mr. Thompson campaigned in a tightly contested race to represent southwest Omaha’s Legislative District 31 (LD31) as a state senator in the Nebraska Unicameral Legislature. He is a Past-President of the Millard Business Association. Mr. Thompson has also served on the Executive Board of the Millard Business Association as Vice-President and the Board of Directors of the Millard Town Center Community Foundation. Mr. Thompson is a member of Christ Community Church in Omaha, Nebraska. He grew up in Omaha and remains active in the community. Mr. Thompson is married and has three children.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- Nebraska (state and federal courts)
- Omaha Tribal Court
- Ponca Tribal Court
- Winnebago Tribal Court
- Shakopee Mdwekanton Sioux Dakota Community Tribal Court
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Nebraska State Bar Association
- Member, Omaha Bar Association
- Member, California State Bar Association
- Barrister, Robert M. Spire Inns of Court – Omaha, NE
- Juris Doctor, With Distinction, University of Iowa College of Law
- Bachelor of Science, Magna Cum Laude, University of Nebraska at Omaha
- Undergraduate studies at University of Colorado at Boulder and University of Washington at Seattle
- Senior Articles Editor, Iowa Law Review